I have not been able to post in the last couple weeks, due to various social events, enjoying the last days of summer, and trying to clean this house!
The tasks we have had to complete have been pretty simple, just a lot of elbow grease and time!
One task that got checked off the list was getting a new gas range. By utilizing sales on Labor Day weekend, I got a good deal on a white gas range from Lowe’s. Seeing as though I was cooking everything on a little tailgating grill for the last two weeks, this stove is a great addition to the house!
Another project that got started was in the back entry. After a little picking, my mom discovered that there was hardwood floors under the linoleum. The linoleum peeled away with ease, but the glue was a different story. I ended up using a rag of hot water to soak the glue for 10-15 minutes, then used a putty knife to scrape off the softened glue. The process took about 3 hours, but with the soaking time, it allowed me to do other tasks intermittently. I am planning on exposing the wood that is under the linoleum on the stairs leading up to the kitchen as well. After it is all clean, I will sand the wood and stain it a little darker to hide scratches and imperfections.
The next week will be all about wallpaper removal. We have discovered three layers. Wish us luck! Yuck!